Ever wonder how I get my hair to look like this….?
Hairstyles can make or break an outfit. My hair is long and straight so it doesn’t require too much maintenance but it can get kind of boring! And since I’m not good at ponytails or braids or buns (these require craftsmanship!), I came to rely on curls. Curls have become essential for my signature look. It’s one of the only hairstyles I’ve come to master, and my secret is…drum roll please… in the wand. Not the ones with phoenix feathers or dragon heartstrings though! 😉
These days, I love the ghd (Good Hair Day) wand. I had the opportunity to try the Classic Wave Wand from their newest ghd Curve® line. I have tried everything from NuMe to Revlon to other brands from Ulta but none have made my hair look as voluminous and wavy as ghd. Not to mention, ghd is super easy to use!
First, a tutorial..
1) Grab your best styling products. From left to right: Mark Hill Fabulous Finish Hairspray, Tresemmé Thermal Creations Heat Tamer, Tangle Teezer (designed by Lulu Guinness–my fave!)
2) Brush through your hair with your favorite hairbrush. This one is a Tangle Teezer, which is famous for being able to completely demolish tangles. I have been using it consistently ever since I received it, and it has done wonders to my hair. I can’t imagine using anything but this again! A major plus is the print as well. It is a lovely design that just brightens your day. Lulu Guinness nailed it with her signature lip pattern.
3) Spray the Tresemmé Thermal Creations Heat Tamer all around your head for the ultimate defense against straw-like, damaged hair. This helps immensely for curling wands as they can get quite hot and you do need an extra layer of protection. This is the best one I’ve used to date.
4) Whip out the ghd Curve® Classic Wave Wand. This specific wand is meant to give your hair bouncy, Hollywood curls. Turn it on, and it will heat up in 20 seconds!
5) Wrap a strand of hair, around 1″ thick, and wrap it around the barrel slowly and carefully (don’t burn yourself!). As the barrel is fairly hot, you don’t have to leave it on for too long, maybe 7-9 seconds. Slowly release the curl and remove the barrel from the hair. Voilà! You have a perfect curl. Repeat this throughout your whole head, and you will be finished in about 8-15 minutes, depending on how much hair you have. It really doesn’t take that much time, which is also one of the major reasons I love the wand! This wand produces glamorous curls in minutes! Furthermore, they last for days! (as long as you don’t wash your hair, that is) It is honestly the best I’ve ever used. Check out the incredible line here.
6) Spray your glam look down with some firm hairspray. I am currently using Mark Hill’s Fabulous Finish Hairspray. It’s been doing the deed, so that’s all I need (#rhymingpro). Nothing special, it just holds the curls in place for an extended period of time.
Products mentioned in this post:
c/o ghd Curve® Classic Wave Wand
c/o Tangle Teezer by Lulu Guinness
Mark Hill Fabulous Finish Hairspray
Tresemmé Thermal Creations Heat Tamer
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post and found some inspiration as to where to get your new curling wand for luscious, beautiful curls. ‘Till next time,